I am honored to have been nominated by one of my favorite fellow bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award, Ramae of the famous incurableblessings.com. I thank you Ramae for this honor.
Ramae is an inspiration to me and, I am sure, many others. Although diagnosed with a rare incurable form of cancer, Ramae has seized the situation and made living her life her priority. It is something so many of us can learn from — especially yours truly. Ramae blogs about her experiences and it is a must read for everyone; her blog can — and should — be found at https://incurableblessings.com/
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award of recognition to bloggers from fellow bloggers. It is a way to recognize those who are creative, positive and inspiring — people who spread sunshine to the blogging community.
What are the Rules?
To keep spreading the love, these are the rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and provide a link back to their blogging sites. (I did that.)
- Answer their questions. (I tried below.)
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions. (Done — hopefully they will not mind.)
- Notify the nominees about their nomination via their blog or social media. (Will do.)
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in you post. (Obviously I did that.)
Ramae’s Questions for the bloggers she nominated (and my answers thereto):
- What is one thing most people don’t know about you and would never guess? I am extremely introverted, but I mask this by acting the total opposite.
- What inspired you to start a blog? I have always felt an itch to write, and after enduring chemo I felt as though I had a lot to share about my experiences. But rather than dwell on all that is negative about the experience and having cancer, I have tried to find humor in all that I have gone — and continue to — go through.
- If you could go back in time, would you change anything? I would not have gone to law school.
- If your life was a book, what would be the title? The Misfit: A Story of a Jew from Appalachia now Living in New York and Not Quite Fitting Anywhere — a Comedy.
- Who or what inspires you the most? My sister — she has cerebral palsy and yet has the most active and engaging life of anyone I know.
- What book(s) have changed your life? Travels With Charley by Steinbeck.
- If you could go back and relive any day of your life, which day would it be and why? The day I got married — I would enjoy it more and stop sweating the unimportant stuff. (I also would rescind some people’s invitations.)
- How did you come up with the name of your blog? It’s essentially a play on words: I have blood cancer but also being humorous is something that fortunately has always been in my “blood” as well.
- What is your favorite inspirational quote? “It’s What You Learn After You Know It All That Counts.”
- What is your favorite social media venue and why? Twitter — I have met so many great people, and made true friends on it.
- What is the greatest piece of advice you have ever received? If you talk, you only know what you know. But if you listen, you know what you know and what the other person knows as well.
My nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- https://nohalfmeasures.blog/ Abigail Johnston is absolutely, positively one of the best bloggers “in the biz.” Her combination of acumen, wordsmithing and fearlessness are so inspiring to me.
- https://undercoversuperhero2.home.blog/ Ami Tricker, in addition to being a fabulous writer and one of the most intrepid people I have had the pleasure to meet, is truly one of the kindest, big-hearted people one could ever hope to know. And this is reflected so clearly in her wonderful blog.
- https://moretomystory.home.blog/ Sara’s blog is so compelling in her ability to prevail over her acoustic neuroma diagnosis.
- https://doctortopatient.wordpress.com I am so fascinated by the perspective of a fellow leukemia sufferer but who also has the invaluable perspective of being a doctor. It is truly enlightening.
- https://pinkribbonroad.com/ An exceptional chronicling of the trials and tribulations of cancer and its treatment.
- https://nancyspoint.com/ Nancy is just amazing. She is a true pro at blogging and I am so inspired to try my best to emulate her outstanding writing.
- https://bowelcancerman.wordpress.com/ Patrick writes a wonderful and touching blog about his experiences with bowel cancer — and he even has the occasional guest post from his wonderful wife. (Maybe he can tell me how to get mine to do the same?)
- https://cancerbus.com/ A wonderful combination of writings and ideas by Ilene.
My Questions for the bloggers I nominated:
- What about blogging gives you the greatest satisfaction or joy?
- Conversely, what do you find most challenging or disappointing — if anything — about blogging?
- Have you ever done any writing (school work doesn’t count) before starting your blog?
- What is your favorite vacation destination (which, if you are somewhat of a homebody can include a staycation)?
- Is there any food you absolutely cannot stand the sight of (pre-chemo, for those for whom that is applicable)? Why?
- Do you believe that it is wrong that a “season” of a television show (which you probably watch via Netflix or Amazon) is only 8 or 9 episodes and takes over a year to produce? Discuss.
- If you go to the movies, do you just suck it up and buy the larger size popcorn because it is not really that much more and seems like a better deal even though no human being needs that much popcorn? Defend your position.
- What was your least favorite subject in school?
- Do you think that there are too many lawyers in the world? (The answer I am looking for here, as a lawyer, is yes.)
- Is it right that Pluto got downgraded from planet status? (This is a bit of a dated issue, but it still concerns me.)
- What is your favorite non-primary color?
4 thoughts on “The Sunshine Blogger Award”
Now I HAVE to ask, why wouldn’t you go to law school!?
Only because I dislike being a lawyer. What you do is much more meaningful and interesting. My work . . .
Congratulations and Thank you again Jeff!
Pingback: September Round Up – Undercover Superhero